.

Language Arts - Art Integrated

In preparation for the upcoming Earth Day celebration (April 22, 2010)...last week I started my class with a story called, "Sharon Finds the Environment" by Tom Hawkins

After reading the story I had a discussion with the class about the importance about being environmentally friendly. How we can do our part to keep Planet Earth/our Environment clean.

Our art activity for the afternoon was paper mache globes.
We had the entire afternoon to work on covering our balloons with 2-3 layers of paper.
It was fun and extremely messy!

We managed to finish our globes and they are nicely drying at the back of the classroom. This coming Thursday, we will create the stands for our globes, talk about the proportion of land to water and the placement of several continents.

Our aim is to have our paper mache globes finished to display for Earth Day!

Here is some photos I took while I was creating my sample globe for my class.

.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010